Elite® Series XP16 Heat Pump
High-efficiency, two-stage comfort
* * * * (33)
Here are some of the top features of the XP16:
Efficiency rating of up to 17.00 SEER / 9.50 HSPF can save you hundreds of dollars each year*, compared to a standard heat pump.
ENERGY STAR® qualified which means it meets or exceeds EPA guidelines for energy efficiency.
Two-stage scroll compressor operates at low stage most of the time for quieter, more efficient performance.
Precision-balanced direct-drive fan delivers ultra-quiet operation with a patent-pending fan design.
- Sound levels as low as 74 dB--much quieter than a standard heat pump
- Precision-balanced direct-drive fan--delivers ultra-quiet operation with a patented-pending fan design
- Two-stage scroll compressor--operates at low stage most of the time for quieter, more efficient performance
- Designed to work with the Humiditrol® whole-home dehumidification system**
- Efficiency ratings of up to 17.00 SEER and 9.50 HSPF--can save you hundreds of dollars a year, compared to a standard heat pump
- ENERGY STAR® qualified--meets or exceeds EPA guidelines for energy efficiency
- High-efficiency outdoor coil--provides exceptional heat transfer and low air resistance for high-efficiency operation
- Dual-fuel capability--can be combined with a gas furnace to enhance comfort and fuel efficiency by alternating between electric and gas heat, optimizing energy use and minimizing heating costs
- Chlorine-free R-410A refrigerant--provides exceptional comfort without exacting a costly environmental toll
- PermaGuard™ Cabinet--heavy-gauge, galvanized steel construction, louver coil guard, baked-on powder finish and durable zinc-coated steel base provide long-lasting protection against rust and corrosion.
- SmartHinge™ louver design--allows quick, easy access to interior components from all sides for cleaning and maintenance. Protects coils from damage and provides clean appearance
- Drainage holes--prevent damaging moisture from collecting inside the basepan
- 10-Year Limited Warranty on compressor
- 5-Year Limited Warranty on covered components
- This product may be eligible for valuable 10-Year Limited Extended Warranty coverage.
*This chart compares the 5-year savings you can expect from a 16.50 SEER/9.50 HSPF heat pump vs. existing equipment with a 10.00 SEER/6.80 HSPF rating and industry-standard equipment with a 13.00 SEER/7.70 HSPF rating. The region used to calculate household fuel and utility costs reflect a cross-section of cities in the U.S. In addition to geography, cooling costs are based on 3-ton capacity specifications, with 650 cooling hours, 2,400 heating hours per year and 11.62 cents per KWh (Source: EIA National average electric rate-Rolling 12 months ending July 2009). Your actual costs will vary depending on the weather, local fuel rates, system settings and your personal lifestyle.
**Must be accompanied by either a variable speed air handler or furnace and the ComfortSense® 7000 Series touchscreen thermostat.
[ Back to Top ]